Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Something to Talk About

Okay, I had my 8 a.m. phone chat with Jo and we had our normal discussion about the ups and downs of life. After all, between Jo, Lilly & myself we have: 3 husbands, 10 kids, 2 grandchildren, 4 horses, 3 dogs, 3 cats, and lots and lots of yarn! That alone gives us plenty to talk about, not that we ever have a shortage of subjects, mind you. Well, shortly after our phone call I receive another call from Jo. The first thing out of her mouth was, "you're wrong." I'm thinking, huh? She mumbles something about it being rib stitch, not stockinette. Finally I realized she was referring to my previous post but I was still a little confused because I knew what stitch I was doing when I made my goof-up. Well, silly me. She was more concerned with her goof-up. Not that she didn't want anyone to know she is capable of such a thing. She was okay with that. She wanted to clarify that she was not simply knitting in STOCKINETTE stitch, she was doing something much more difficult, mind you. Her mistake, uh, goof-up, was made when she was doing the ribbing stitch at the top of the sock which is k2, p2! Oh, I'm so relieved she told me that. I was losing sleep thinking she could be so careless to make a mistake while doing Stockinette! The moral of the story is if you make a mistake doing stockinette, embellish it a bit. Walking, chewing gum and knitting in stockinette is worthy of a goof-up. Just make sure you have a sock bag to prove it.

No comments: