Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Quilting Kind of Day


Today is a quilting kind of day. I'm going to pull out my sewing machine and add the sashings to these blocks to make a quilt. This is all twelve blocks from the 2007 $5 quilt club that I joined at the Quilt Barn. It was such a fun group and I liked the idea of just sewing one block a month that would be a total surprise. Even the instructor didn't know what the finished project would look like! A member pays $5 the first month for the pattern and fabric and then each month if you bring the completed block of the month back, you get another one for free. So, it is possible to make a quilt top for $5!!! Never mind, what I spent when I went there every month! lol Anyway, I'm excited to get this put together since I have never made a red and white quilt.

No comments: