Sunday, February 17, 2008

Go with it

Okay, we've let Lilly down for too long and I can't stand the guilt of not posting, not knitting, and being a total lame brain with this whole blog. I have no excuse other than knowing if I promise to do something, I don't deliver. Period. So, I'm not going to talk about finishing socks or any of my umpteenth projects overflowing from my knitting bag(s). I will just start something new. Maybe. If Lilly will help me. I've been into photography lately and after I saw the fingerless gloves Lilly knit up, ever so beautifully I might add, I decided they would be the perfect companion for my photography especially on these cold mornings and nights. Not that I get out much in the morning, or night. But I plan to. See, I bought myself a new camera and I'm totally in love with it but it is way over my head with buttons a go-go, and I'm struggling with this and that and trying to wrap my brain around custom settings and all. Just too much information for me to take in and sort through and comprehend. The perfect solution is to start knitting because I know the power a couple of needles and a ball of yarn can have on a person. Just the simple process of creating, or attempting to create, something beautiful out of a little ol' ball of yarn is enough to get me excited. Jo decided she wants to make the same gloves so we are planning to start together. This is probably my first mistake since I cannot keep up with Jo and her disciplined regimen of knitting a project and finishing it. I won't even try. I will go with the flow (get it?) and see where I end up.

1 comment:

Rani said...

Hi! I wanted to respond to your comment over there on Woolgirl - regarding the Valentine socks. I am using a pattern that was NOT included in the kit. oops. I should have mentioned that. Sorry!!!

Your quilting is gorgeous!