Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What's a trip without a purchase?


I really didn't have much time to visit needlework stores while in New York City, but I wanted to bring SOMETHING home to remember my trip. I decided a needlepoint canvas would be more memorable than yarn. I called a couple shops and Annie & Co assured me they had several canvases that were NY scenes. This was a lovely shop with a very friendly and helpful staff. The downstairs part is the yarn portion and the upstairs portion is all needlepoint. There were lots of canavases, samples and threads. Since I had called ahead, she had pulled some NY scenes for me to look at. This is one by Raymond Crawford and I felt it depicted the most memorable parts of my trip. I will start working on it and show my progress on the blog, one step at a time. This is a small piece (about 6x6) so I plan to have it inset into a pillow. Annie & Co is definitely worth a trip if you are a needlepointer and in the Manhattan area.

No comments: