Sunday, June 24, 2007

Rockin On!

Well, this truly is a sock year for me. I have a sock in various stages in every one of my knitting bags! My main focus though is the Rockin Sock Club from Blue Moon Fiber Arts. I finished my last pattern on Wednesday after reading the June pattern was starting to show up on doorsteps and sure enough, mine was at my house on Friday! Phew! Just in time. The April project was a challenge, but I learned several new techniques (like life lines) so it was worth all the struggle and grumblings. The pattern for June is much easier and relaxing to knit. The colors are happy colors, probably not ones that I personally would wear, but they make me happy. I'll post next week my progress. I have also been working on a shawl. It is also an easy repeat pattern which I found on Wendy Knits. It is her Fircone Wrap pattern and I'm using Louet Gems for the yarn. Lots of knitting, lots of fun. Yes, my house is a wreck, my yard could use some work, but a girl only has so much time. Needles come first!

2 comments:

Lola and Ava said...

Yeah, I haven't even cast on for the April ones yet and then the Firebird shows up. UGH! My goal is to have the two pairs done before school begins again in September. Fingers crossed!

Carol said...

You can do it !! I would do both at the same time because the April kit will REALLY try your patience.
I was sure happy to have it behind me, but I learned alot.